Last updated March 4, 2021Download state datasetDownload facility-level datasetOverviewNotesFacilities
Some issues exist with this state's data
Do you have information about a long-term-care facility in this state? We would love to hear from you.
Do you have information about a facility on this list? We would love to hear from you.
|Facility type||Resident cases||Resident deaths||Staff cases||Staff deaths||Staff & Resident cases||Staff & Resident deaths||Facilities impacted|
|Nursing home‘Lumped or other facilities’ shows data from states that have not broken down their data by facility type, so it might include data from nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. It also includes some congregate living facilities for older adults that are neither nursing homes nor assisted-living facilities. For each state’s lumped/other definition, please see the state’s specific notes.||21,567||3,453||11,920||N/A||33,487||3,453||355|
|Lumped or other facilities‘Lumped or other facilities’ shows data from states that have not broken down their data by facility type, so it might include data from nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. It also includes some congregate living facilities for older adults that are neither nursing homes nor assisted-living facilities. For each state’s lumped/other definition, please see the state’s specific notes.||3,875||725||2,725||N/A||6,600||725||338|
Georgia reports long-term care COVID-19 data for Nursing Homes and Personal Care Homes (a category Georgia uses to combine Assisted Living Facilities and Personal Care Homes with 25 beds or more). Data from Assisted Living Facilities and Personal Care Homes are reported together and categorized by CTP as Lumped or Other category in our dataset. Georgia reports cumulative data but not outbreak data. Georgia does provide facility-level data for Nursing Homes and Personal care Homes. Resident and staff cases are reported separately. Georgia reports resident deaths but does not report staff deaths.
Cumulative data includes resident cases, staff cases and resident deaths. Georgia does not report cumulative staff deaths.
Georgia does not report outbreak data.
Facility-level data includes facility name, facility type (Nursing Home or Personal Care Home), address, city, county, resident census, cumulative resident cases, cumulative staff cases, and cumulative resident deaths.
- June 4, 2020: Deaths in the Other category decreased from June 1, 2020.
- October 22, 2020: Georgia reported number of Nursing Home facilities decreased by 3. Their reported number of Personal Care Homes decreased by 4. Personal Care Home staff cases decreased by 6.
- December 10, 2020: Georgia reported number of Nursing Home facilities decreased by 3.
- December 31, 2020: Georgia reported cumulative Nursing Home COVID-19 positive residents decreased by 33.
- January 7, 2021: Cumulative number of Nursing Homes with an outbreak decreased by one.
- January 21, 2021: Cumulative number of Nursing Homes with an outbreak decreased by two.
- February 11, 2021: Other resident positives decreased by 14 and number of facilities decreased by 4.
- February 25, 2021: Cumulative nursing homes affected dropped by 2. Cumulative nursing home resident positive dropped by over 139. Cumulative Other facilities affected dropped by 5. Cumulative Other resident positive dropped by 1. Cumulative Other staff positives dropped by 35.
- March 4, 2021: Nursing homes facilities dropped by 1, nursing homes resident deaths dropped by 2, other facilities dropped by 4, and other resident positives dropped by 8.
State source for long-term care data is found by navigating to “Long-Term Care Facility COVID-19 Report” and “Click here to view today’s report.”
The state provides facility-level cumulative data. The state does not provide facility-level outbreak data. Cumulative facility-level data was first reported by the state on 2020-05-21.
Because each state reports facility-level data differently, CTP has produced a number of scripts to make the dataset as standardized and comprehensive as possible. This state uses the following scripts: post_processing, standardize_data. More information on each of these scripts can be found in our Airtable Facility Script Annotations. (https://airtable.com/shr99Ep06cplrcVg6)