Racial Data Dashboard Illinois
Few issues exist for race and ethnicity data
Race/ethnicity data available for:
73% Cases87% Deaths54% Tests0% Hospitalizations
Last checked by CTP: 3/7/21
Notes About the Data
- Our calculations assume Hispanic or Latino ethnicity may include any race. Race categories are mutually exclusive and defined as Not Hispanic or Latino.
- One or more standard race categories are not reported or otherwise specified by the state. These categories may or may not be included in the "Other race" category in our data.
- Population sizes are taken from the Census Bureau’s 2019 ACS 5-Year estimates Table B03002.
Cumulative Per Capita Data
In Illinois, through March 7, 2021:
- Native Hawaiians / Pacific Islanders were most likely to have been tested for COVID-19
- Native Hawaiians / Pacific Islanders were most likely to have contracted COVID-19
- Native Hawaiians / Pacific Islanders were most likely to have died from COVID-19
Tests per 100,000 peopleCases per 100,000 peopleDeaths per 100,000 peopleNative Hawaiian / Pacific Islander
Hispanic / Latino
151American Indian / Alaska Native
172Black / African American
Graphic only includes demographic groups reported by the state. Race categories are mutually exclusive and defined as not Hispanic or Latino.
Cases and deaths by race/ethnicity
|Black or African American alone||14%||13%||18%||14%||Illinois did not report race/ethnicity data for hospitalizations through March 7, 2021.|
|Hispanic or Latino *||17%||25%||16%||13%|
|Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander alone||<1%||<1%||<1%||<1%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native alone||<1%||<1%||<1%||<1%|
|Two or more races||2%||0%||0%||0%|
|Some other race alone||<1%||5%||<1%||5%|
Notes for Illinois
- Racial/ethnic disparity likely. See why
How we calculate likely racial/ethnic disparity
We flag a group’s case or death proportion as suggestive of racial/ethnic disparity when it meets three criteria:
- Is at least 33% higher than the Census Percentage of Population.
- Remains elevated whether we include or exclude cases/deaths with unknown race/ethnicity.
- Is based on at least 30 actual cases or deaths.
- * Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, any race. All other race categories in this table are defined as Not Hispanic or Latino.
- This data should not be compared with percentage of the the population.
View All Historical Data
Data as of March 7, 2021 | Data last collected by CTP March 7, 2021
Illinois does not report race/ethnicity data for hospitalizations.