Racial Data Dashboard Indiana
Serious issues exist for race and ethnicity data
Race data available for:
87% Cases92% Deaths91% Tests0% Hospitalizations
Ethnicity data available for:
58% Cases56% Deaths53% Tests0% Hospitalizations
Last checked by CTP: 3/7/21
Notes About the Data
- Our calculations assume Hispanic or Latino ethnicity may include any race. Race categories are mutually exclusive and include both Hispanic/Latino and non-Hispanic/Latino ethnicity.
- One or more standard race categories are combined with Other Race by the state. Categories not otherwise specified in our data are included under the "Other Race" category.
- Population sizes are taken from the Census Bureau’s 2019 ACS 5-Year estimates Table B02001 for race and B03002 for ethnicity.
Cumulative Per Capita Data
In Indiana, through March 7, 2021:
- Asian people were most likely to have been tested for COVID-19
- Hispanic / Latino people were most likely to have contracted COVID-19
- White people were most likely to have died from COVID-19
Tests per 100,000 peopleCases per 100,000 peopleDeaths per 100,000 peopleHispanic / Latino
Black / African American
Graphic only includes demographic groups reported by the state. Race categories are mutually exclusive and include both Hispanic/Latino and non-Hispanic/Latino ethnicity.
Cases and deaths by race
|Black or African American alone||9%||8%||8%||8%||Indiana did not report race data for hospitalizations through March 7, 2021.|
|Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander alone||<1%||0%||0%||0%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native alone||<1%||0%||0%||0%|
|Two or more races||2%||0%||0%||0%|
|Some other race alone||3%||13%||14%||13%|
Notes on race for Indiana
- This data should not be compared with percentage of the the population.
Cases and deaths by ethnicity
|Hispanic or Latino||7%||10%||4%||7%||Indiana did not report ethnicity data for hospitalizations through March 7, 2021.|
|Not Hispanic or Latino||93%||90%||96%||93%|
View All Historical Data
Data as of March 6, 2021 | Data last collected by CTP March 7, 2021
Indiana does not report race/ethnicity data for hospitalizations.