Last updated March 4, 2021Download state datasetDownload facility-level datasetOverviewNotesFacilities
Some issues exist with this state's data
Do you have information about a long-term-care facility in this state? We would love to hear from you.
Do you have information about a facility on this list? We would love to hear from you.
|Facility type||Resident cases||Resident deaths||Staff cases||Staff deaths||Staff & Resident cases||Staff & Resident deaths||Facilities impacted|
|Lumped or other facilities‘Lumped or other facilities’ shows data from states that have not broken down their data by facility type, so it might include data from nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. It also includes some congregate living facilities for older adults that are neither nursing homes nor assisted-living facilities. For each state’s lumped/other definition, please see the state’s specific notes.||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||14,670||1,833||644|
Kansas reports long-term care COVID-19 data for Assisted Living Facilities, Boarding Care Homes, Home Plus, Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities, Nursing Facilities, Nursing Facilities for Mental Health, Residential Health Care Facilities and Long-Term Care Hospital Units. CTP puts long-term care data into the Lumped or Other category in our dataset. Kansas reports cumulative and outbreak data. Kansas does provide facility-level data. Kansas reports staff and resident cases and staff and resident deaths as combined.
Kansas provides cumulative totals for resident and staff cases and resident and staff deaths and number of facilities with a case
Kansas provides outbreak data for resident and staff cases and resident and staff deaths and number of facilities with a case. Kansas defines an outbreak as a facility with five or more COVID-19 cases with symptom onset dates in a 14-day period. An outbreak ends when 14 days have passed without 5 or more cases.
- August 13, 2020 - August 20, 2020: Cumulative data carried from August 13, 2020.
- August 27, 2020: CTP began reporting Current Outbreak resident and staff combined cases and death data for Kansas.
- September 17, 2020: Kansas posted this note. "KDHE received lots of feedback, both positive and negative, after releasing the locations of active outbreaks last week on September 9. We know people appreciate the transparency and information, and that it allows Kansans to make informed decisions when assessing personal risk. KDHE staff has taken the feedback we received and is currently assessing ways in which we can report this information in a way that reflects current COVID-19 case increases. As we assess our process, we will not be releasing outbreak names and locations September 16, but anticipate doing so next Wednesday, September 23." CTP was unable to locate the list of locations for active outbreaks reportedly released on September 9, 2020.
- September 24, 2020: Kansas started reporting facility-level data for staff/resident cases within the past 14 days.
- February 18, 2021: Cumulative Uncategorized LTC facilities dropped from 644 to 639. Kansas’ long-term care data can be found here.
The state does not provide facility-level cumulative data. The state provides facility-level outbreak data. Outbreak facility-level data was first reported by the state on 2020-09-24.
Because each state reports facility-level data differently, CTP has produced a number of scripts to make the dataset as standardized and comprehensive as possible. This state uses the following scripts: post_processing, standardize_data, close_outbreaks. More information on each of these scripts can be found in our Airtable Facility Script Annotations. (https://airtable.com/shr99Ep06cplrcVg6)