Last updated March 4, 2021Download state datasetDownload facility-level datasetOverviewNotesFacilities
Serious issues exist with this state's data
Do you have information about a long-term-care facility in this state? We would love to hear from you.
Do you have information about a facility on this list? We would love to hear from you.
|Facility type||Resident cases||Resident deaths||Staff cases||Staff deaths||Staff & Resident cases||Staff & Resident deaths||Facilities impacted|
|Lumped or other facilities‘Lumped or other facilities’ shows data from states that have not broken down their data by facility type, so it might include data from nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. It also includes some congregate living facilities for older adults that are neither nursing homes nor assisted-living facilities. For each state’s lumped/other definition, please see the state’s specific notes.||10,393||1,954||N/A||N/A||10,393||1,954||240|
Mississippi reports long-term care COVID-19 data for Nursing Homes, Personal Care Homes, Assisted Living Homes, and Intermediate Care Facilities. COVID Tracking Project puts all long-term-care data into the Lumped or Other category in our dataset. Mississippi reports cumulative and outbreak data. Mississippi does provide facility-level data. Mississippi reports resident case and death data. Mississippi’s data is cumulative since April 2020.
Mississippi provides cumulative totals for resident cases deaths.
Mississippi reports outbreak data for the number of facilities with an outbreak. The state defines active outbreaks as facilities that have reported one current COVID-19 case. Mississippi defines an outbreak as one or more cases among long-term-care facility residents or 2 or more cases among staff within a 14 day period. Mississippi reports facility-level data.
- June 4, 2020: Mississippi began releasing active outbreak data.
- June 25, 2020: Mississippi stopped breaking out Assisted Living by facility-type this week.
- July 2, 2020: Outbreak data was not updated by Mississippi.
- July 9, 2020: Outbreak data was not updated by Mississippi.
- October 8, 2020: Mississippi stopped reporting facility-level data. The state reported, "Because nursing homes report COVID-19 data directly to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), we have replaced our usual long-term care facility report with the most recent CMS nursing home data, avoiding duplicate reporting requirements for these facilities. CMS data does not include state-regulated facilities such as Assisted Living facilities, which were included in Mississippi's previous long-term care facility report. CTP is reporting the cumulative sum totals that Mississippi reports on the state site. (CTP is not carrying forward previously reported data for state-regulated facilities because it would conflict with the state's current reporting.)
- January 7, 2021: Mississippi's website is down. Data from December 29, 2020 is carried over.
The state does not provide facility-level cumulative data. The state provides facility-level outbreak data. Outbreak facility-level data was first reported by the state on 2020-06-04.
Because each state reports facility-level data differently, CTP has produced a number of scripts to make the dataset as standardized and comprehensive as possible. This state uses the following scripts: post_processing, standardize_data. More information on each of these scripts can be found in our Airtable Facility Script Annotations. (https://airtable.com/shr99Ep06cplrcVg6)