Last updated March 4, 2021Download state datasetDownload facility-level datasetOverviewNotesFacilities
Serious issues exist with this state's data
Do you have information about a long-term-care facility in this state? We would love to hear from you.
Do you have information about a facility on this list? We would love to hear from you.
|Facility type||Resident cases||Resident deaths||Staff cases||Staff deaths||Staff & Resident cases||Staff & Resident deaths||Facilities impacted|
|Lumped or other facilities‘Lumped or other facilities’ shows data from states that have not broken down their data by facility type, so it might include data from nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. It also includes some congregate living facilities for older adults that are neither nursing homes nor assisted-living facilities. For each state’s lumped/other definition, please see the state’s specific notes.||15,594||2,169||N/A||N/A||15,594||2,169||630|
Missouri reports long-term care COVID-19 data for Skilled Nursing Facilities, Intermediate Care Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities and Residential Care Facilities. COVID Tracking Project puts all Long-Term-Care data in the Lumped or Other category in our dataset. Missouri reports cumulative and outbreak data. Missouri does not provide facility-level data. Missouri reports resident cases and deaths.
Missouri reports cumulative data of resident cases and deaths.
Missouri reports outbreak data as the number of cases in a long-term-care facility in the past seven days. Missouri defines an outbreak as a facility with 1 or more cases in a 14-day period. Missouri does not report facility-level data.
From July 30, 2020 to January 28, 2021, CTP used St. Louis County's data because it was more comprehensive than the data the state of Missouri was providing. CTP switched to reporting data from the state on January 28, 2021, after Missouri began releasing cumulative statewide numbers. On May 25, 2021, COVID Tracking Project reviewed Missouri’s website and could not locate Missouri’s long-term-care data.
- July 30, 2020: CTP began reporting St. Louis County resident cases and deaths due to Missouri not releasing any information other than the of number of facilities with a COVID-19 case.
- September 10, 2020: St. Louis released a report on September 2, 2020 with updated numbers, including backfilling efforts for cases for July and August. CTP has updated data to reflect this change.
- October 22, 2020: Missouri's dashboard changed and the state now provides resident cases by county over the past 7 days. Facility count is no longer given. CTP continues to report cases and deaths from St. Louis County as this is the only available representation of this data. This case and death data only represents a portion of cases and deaths in the state. Before this reporting switch, Missouri provided the cumulative number of facilities with a case.
- October 29, 2020: Missouri is reporting resident cases in LTC facilities in the past 7 days. This total is reported in the Outbreak category.
- December 17, 2020: Missouri’s LTC dashboard is down. Data is carried over from December 10, 2020.
- December 24, 2020: Missouri’s LTC dashboard is down. Data is carried over from December 10, 2020.
- January 7, 2021: Missouri's LTC dashboard is down. Data is carried over from December 10, 2020.
- January 21, 2021: Missouri's LTC dashboard is down. Data is carried over from December 10, 2020.
- January 28, 2021: Missouri released cumulative data for cumulative cases and deaths in long-term-care facilities on their dashboard for the first time. CTP stopped collecting St. Louis County data.
The state does not provide facility-level data, but St. Louis County does. The county does not provide facility-level outbreak data. Cumulative facility-level data was first reported by the county on 2020-06-25.
Because each state (or in this case, county) reports facility-level data differently, CTP has produced a number of scripts to make the dataset as standardized and comprehensive as possible. For Missouri we use the following scripts: post_processing, standardize_data. More information on each of these scripts can be found in our Airtable Facility Script Annotations. (https://airtable.com/shr99Ep06cplrcVg6)