Racial Data Dashboard New York
Serious issues exist for race and ethnicity data
Race/ethnicity data available for:
0% Cases88% Deaths0% Tests91% Hospitalizations
Last checked by CTP: 3/7/21
Notes About the Data
- Our calculations assume Hispanic or Latino ethnicity may include any race. Race categories are mutually exclusive and defined as Not Hispanic or Latino.
- A combined Asian and Pacific Islander category is reported, which we treat as Asian and NHPI combined in our calculations per 100K. We report this category under the "Asian" category in our totals.
- One or more standard race categories are not reported or otherwise specified by the state. These categories may or may not be included in the "Other race" category in our data.
- Population sizes are taken from the Census Bureau’s 2019 ACS 5-Year estimates Table B03002.
Cumulative Per Capita Data
In New York, through March 7, 2021:
- Black / African American people were most likely to have been hospitalized with COVID-19
- Black / African American people were most likely to have died from COVID-19
Hosp. per 100,000 peopleDeaths per 100,000 peopleWhite
156Asian / Pacific Islander
Hispanic / Latino
Black / African American
Graphic only includes demographic groups reported by the state. Race categories are mutually exclusive and defined as not Hispanic or Latino.
Cases and deaths by race/ethnicity
|Black or African American alone||14%||New York did not report race/ethnicity data for cases through March 7, 2021.||23%||New York did not report race/ethnicity data for tests through March 7, 2021.||29%|
|Hispanic or Latino *||19%||23%||35%|
|Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander alone||<1%||0%||0%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native alone||<1%||0%||0%|
|Two or more races||2%||0%||0%|
|Some other race alone||<1%||7%||0%|
Notes for New York
- Racial/ethnic disparity likely. See why
How we calculate likely racial/ethnic disparity
We flag a group’s case or death proportion as suggestive of racial/ethnic disparity when it meets three criteria:
- Is at least 33% higher than the Census Percentage of Population.
- Remains elevated whether we include or exclude cases/deaths with unknown race/ethnicity.
- Is based on at least 30 actual cases or deaths.
- * Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, any race. All other race categories in this table are defined as Not Hispanic or Latino.
- This data should not be compared with percentage of the the population.
View All Historical Data
Data as of March 7, 2021 | Data last collected by CTP March 7, 2021
New York does not report race/ethnicity data for cases or tests.