Racial Data Dashboard Rhode Island
Some issues exist for race and ethnicity data
Race/ethnicity data available for:
81% Cases85% Deaths41% Tests80% Hospitalizations
Last checked by CTP: 3/7/21
Notes About the Data
- Our calculations assume Hispanic or Latino ethnicity may include any race. Race categories are mutually exclusive and defined as Not Hispanic or Latino.
- Deaths per 100K are based on fewer than 10 deaths among members of the following races/ethnicities. Interpret with caution: American Indian or Alaska Native
- Population sizes are taken from the Census Bureau’s 2019 ACS 5-Year estimates Table B03002.
Cumulative Per Capita Data
In Rhode Island, through March 7, 2021:
- American Indians / Alaska Natives were most likely to have been tested for COVID-19
- Hispanic / Latino people were most likely to have contracted COVID-19
- Hispanic / Latino people were most likely to have been hospitalized with COVID-19
- White people were most likely to have died from COVID-19
Tests per 100,000 peopleCases per 100,000 peopleHosp. per 100,000 peopleDeaths per 100,000 peopleHispanic / Latino
Black / African American
American Indian / Alaska Native
105Native Hawaiian / Pacific Islander
Graphic only includes demographic groups reported by the state. Race categories are mutually exclusive and defined as not Hispanic or Latino.
* Based on fewer than 10 deaths among members of this race/ethnicity. Interpret with caution.
Cases and deaths by race/ethnicity
|Black or African American alone||6%||7%||5%||6%||8%|
|Hispanic or Latino *||15%||30%||10%||16%||26%|
|Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander alone||<1%||0%||0%||<1%||0%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native alone||<1%||<1%||<1%||1%||<1%|
|Two or more races||2%||1%||<1%||1%||<1%|
|Some other race alone||<1%||2%||<1%||6%||3%|
Notes for Rhode Island
- Racial/ethnic disparity likely. See why
How we calculate likely racial/ethnic disparity
We flag a group’s case or death proportion as suggestive of racial/ethnic disparity when it meets three criteria:
- Is at least 33% higher than the Census Percentage of Population.
- Remains elevated whether we include or exclude cases/deaths with unknown race/ethnicity.
- Is based on at least 30 actual cases or deaths.
- * Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, any race. All other race categories in this table are defined as Not Hispanic or Latino.
View All Historical Data
Data as of March 3, 2021 | Data last collected by CTP March 7, 2021
Cases per 100k people
Cases per 100k people
- Racial data state dashboard
- All data for Rhode Island
- Vaccine data for Rhode Island: