Last updated March 4, 2021Download state datasetDownload facility-level datasetOverviewNotesFacilities
Some issues exist with this state's data
Do you have information about a long-term-care facility in this state? We would love to hear from you.
Do you have information about a facility on this list? We would love to hear from you.
|Facility type||Resident cases||Resident deaths||Staff cases||Staff deaths||Staff & Resident cases||Staff & Resident deaths||Facilities impacted|
|Lumped or other facilities‘Lumped or other facilities’ shows data from states that have not broken down their data by facility type, so it might include data from nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. It also includes some congregate living facilities for older adults that are neither nursing homes nor assisted-living facilities. For each state’s lumped/other definition, please see the state’s specific notes.||18,912||2,605||14,959||N/A||33,871||2,605||586|
Tennessee reports long-term care data for Nursing Homes, Assisted Care Living Facilities, and Residential Homes for the Aged. COVID Tracking project puts Assisted Care Living facility data into the Assisted Living Category, Nursing Home facility data into the Nursing Home category, and Residential Homes for the Aged facility data into the lumped or other facilities category. Tennessee reports cumulative and outbreak data. Tennessee reports facility level data. Tennessee reports staff and resident cases separately. Tennessee reports resident deaths but does not report staff deaths. Tennessee provides cumulative totals for resident and staff cases and resident deaths and number of facilities with a case. Tennessee provides outbreak data for resident and staff cases and resident deaths and number of facilities with a case. Tennessee defines an outbreak when a facility has 2 or more confirmed cases among residents and staff within 28 days.
- June 15, 2020: Tennessee began reporting resident and staff cases separately at the facility-level
- July 2, 2020: Tennessee provided CTP with cumulative staff and resident cases and cumulative resident deaths in long-term care facilities. CTP has not received an update since and has carried over that cumulative total until the most recent data collection.
- August 13, 2020: Tennessee began reporting resident and staff data separately for cumulative totals.
- January 28, 2020: Tennessee changed category titles in their “Current Facilities With Cases List” from “Resident Census” to “Facility # Non-Staff” and “Resident COVID Cases” to “Total Non-Staff.” The process for documenting these two data fields remains the same.
- February 11, 2021: LTC number of facilities decreased by 7.
The state does not provide facility-level cumulative data. The state provides facility-level outbreak data. Outbreak facility-level data was first reported by the state on 2020-05-14.
Because each state reports facility-level data differently, CTP has produced a number of scripts to make the dataset as standardized and comprehensive as possible. This state uses the following scripts: post_processing, standardize_data, close_outbreaks. More information on each of these scripts can be found in our Airtable Facility Script Annotations. (https://airtable.com/shr99Ep06cplrcVg6)