Some issues exist for race and ethnicity data
Race/ethnicity data available for:
91% Cases94% Deaths88% Tests98% Hospitalizations
Last checked by CTP: 3/7/21
Notes About the Data
- Our calculations assume Hispanic or Latino ethnicity may include any race. Race categories are non-mutually-exclusive and are defined as Not Hispanic or Latino.
- Population sizes are taken from the Census Bureau’s 2019 ACS 5-Year estimates Table B03002.
Cumulative Per Capita Data
In Utah, through March 7, 2021:
- Native Hawaiians / Pacific Islanders were most likely to have been tested for COVID-19
- Native Hawaiians / Pacific Islanders were most likely to have contracted COVID-19
- Native Hawaiians / Pacific Islanders were most likely to have been hospitalized with COVID-19
- American Indians / Alaska Natives were most likely to have died from COVID-19
Tests per 100,000 peopleCases per 100,000 peopleHosp. per 100,000 peopleDeaths per 100,000 peopleNative Hawaiian / Pacific Islander
Hispanic / Latino
65American Indian / Alaska Native
Black / African American
Graphic only includes demographic groups reported by the state. Race categories are non-mutually-exclusive and are defined as not Hispanic or Latino.
Cases and deaths by race/ethnicity
|Black or African American alone||1%||1%||<1%||1%||2%|
|Hispanic or Latino *||14%||23%||15%||14%||22%|
|Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander alone||<1%||3%||3%||2%||5%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native alone||<1%||1%||4%||1%||3%|
|Two or more races||2%||0%||0%||0%||0%|
|Some other race alone||<1%||8%||6%||7%||8%|
Notes for Utah
- Racial/ethnic disparity likely. See why
How we calculate likely racial/ethnic disparity
We flag a group’s case or death proportion as suggestive of racial/ethnic disparity when it meets three criteria:
- Is at least 33% higher than the Census Percentage of Population.
- Remains elevated whether we include or exclude cases/deaths with unknown race/ethnicity.
- Is based on at least 30 actual cases or deaths.
- * Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, any race. All other race categories in this table are defined as Not Hispanic or Latino.
- This data should not be compared with percentage of the the population.
View All Historical Data
Data as of March 7, 2021 | Data last collected by CTP March 7, 2021
Cases per 100k people
Cases per 100k people
- Racial data state dashboard
- All data for Utah
- Vaccine data for Utah: