Last updated March 4, 2021Download state datasetDownload facility-level datasetOverviewNotesFacilities
Some issues exist with this state's data
Do you have information about a long-term-care facility in this state? We would love to hear from you.
Do you have information about a facility on this list? We would love to hear from you.
|Facility type||Resident cases||Resident deaths||Staff cases||Staff deaths||Staff & Resident cases||Staff & Resident deaths||Facilities impacted|
|Lumped or other facilities‘Lumped or other facilities’ shows data from states that have not broken down their data by facility type, so it might include data from nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. It also includes some congregate living facilities for older adults that are neither nursing homes nor assisted-living facilities. For each state’s lumped/other definition, please see the state’s specific notes.||536||125||353||N/A||889||125||37|
Vermont reports long-term COVID-19 care data for Assisted Living Facilities and behavioral health institutions. COVID Tracking Project puts long-term-care data in the Lumped or Other category in our dataset. Data is reported on Vermont’s dashboard and in their long-term-care report. Vermont reports cumulative and outbreak data. Vermont reports outbreak data. Vermont reports staff and resident cases and staff and resident deaths separately. Vermont provides cumulative totals for resident deaths and number of facilities with a case. Resident deaths are reported as a percent by Vermont, so COVID Tracking Project rounds up for a cumulative resident death total. Vermont collects outbreak data for resident and staff cases with facility-level data. Vermont defines an outbreak as a facility with 2 cases in a 28-day period. An outbreak ends when 28 days have passed with no new confirmed case. Vermont reports facility-level data for resident and staff cases at facilities with an active outbreak. The case count is not shown when the case count is less than 6 or when more than 75% of residents and staff at the facility are infected.
- June 22, 2020: The Vermont Health Department provided CTP with resident deaths, resident/staff cases and number of facilities. This data is carried over from June 22, 2020 to the most recent data collection.
- August 13, 2020: VT published a report that focused on LTC cases and deaths.
- September 11, 2020: VT reported to CTP there have not been new cases or deaths in LTC facilities since June 22, 2020. All data from the August 13th report has been backfilled to June 22 to reflect this update.
- October 29, 2020: VT reported to CTP that there are 167 cumulative cases and 32 cumulative deaths. Updated with this information. CTP will carry this data until an update is reported.
- November 19, 2020: Vermont reported to CTP that there were 9 facilities with active or resolved outbreaks, 228 cumulative cases and 33 cumulative deaths. This is a decrease of 3 facilities with an active or resolved outbreak then were previously reported to CTP by Vermont.
- November 26, 2020: No long-term care update from Vermont.
- December 2, 2020: Vermont began reporting probable cases that were identified starting September 6, 2020. All cases identified in Vermont's data represent both confirmed and probable cases.
- December 17, 2020: Vermont released long-term care data for facilities with resident and staff outbreak cases on their website. Vermont did not provide updated data for cumulative cases and deaths, outbreak deaths, and cumulative facilities. CTP carried data for these categories from 12/10.
- December 24, 2020 and December 31, 2020: Vermont did not provide CTP with updated information so cumulative deaths, outbreak deaths and cumulative number of facilities with an outbreak are carried from December 10, 2020. Vermont reported higher outbreak cases than cumulative cases reported on December 10, 2020, so the number of outbreak cases is also used for cumulative cases.
- January 7, 2021: Cumulative deaths, outbreak deaths and cumulative number of facilities with an outbreak are carried from December 10, 2020. Vermont reported higher outbreak cases than cumulative cases reported on December 10, 2020, so the number of outbreak cases is also used for cumulative cases. This total amount of cumulative cases are carried.
- January 14, 2021: Vermont adjusted their facility reporting so when a facility has less than 25 residents and staff, the name of the facility is not shown. It is listed as Long Term Care Facility A, B, C, for example. Also when the case counts are less than 6, or more than 75% of the facility is affected, case counts are not shown.
- January 21, 2021: Vermont did not provide CTP with updated information for cumulative cases, cumulative deaths, and outbreak deaths. Cumulative cases are carried from December 31, 2020. Cumulative and outbreak deaths are carried from December 10, 2020.
- January 28, 2021: Vermont did not provide CTP with updated information for cumulative cases, cumulative deaths, and outbreak deaths. Cumulative cases are carried from December 31, 2020. Cumulative and outbreak deaths are carried from December 10, 2020.
- February 4, 2021: Vermont published a report on long-term-care facilities in Vermont on February 1, 2021. This included cumulative cases for staff and residents, as well as cumulative number of facilities that experienced an outbreak. The report also included resident deaths as a percentage of the states total deaths, CTP used this information and rounded up for a cumulative death total.
- March 4, 2021: No updated LTC report, carrying data from February 25, 2021.
The state provides facility-level cumulative data. The state does not provide facility-level outbreak data. Cumulative facility-level data was first reported by the state on 2020-12-17.
Because each state reports facility-level data differently, CTP has produced a number of scripts to make the dataset as standardized and comprehensive as possible. This state uses the following scripts: post_processing, standardize_data, close_outbreaks. More information on each of these scripts can be found in our Airtable Facility Script Annotations. (https://airtable.com/shr99Ep06cplrcVg6)