Few issues exist with this state's data
Do you have information about a long-term-care facility in this state? We would love to hear from you.
Do you have information about a facility on this list? We would love to hear from you.
|Facility type||Resident cases||Resident deaths||Staff cases||Staff deaths||Staff & Resident cases||Staff & Resident deaths||Facilities impacted|
|Lumped or other facilities‘Lumped or other facilities’ shows data from states that have not broken down their data by facility type, so it might include data from nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. It also includes some congregate living facilities for older adults that are neither nursing homes nor assisted-living facilities. For each state’s lumped/other definition, please see the state’s specific notes.||12,375||1,973||10,123||13||22,498||1,986||220|
Arkansas reports long-term care COVID-19 data for Nursing Homes and Assisted Living facilities. Arkansas reports cumulative and outbreak data. Arkansas provides facility-level data. Arkansas reports staff and resident cases and staff and resident deaths separately.
Arkansas provides cumulative totals for staff cases, resident cases, staff deaths, resident deaths and facilities with a case. This data is at the bottom of the spreadsheet on the state dashboard “nursing home” reports.
Arkansas provides outbreak (referred to as “active”) totals for staff cases, resident cases, staff deaths, resident deaths and facilities with a case. This data is at the bottom of the spreadsheet on the state dashboard “nursing home” reports. Outbreak data includes facilities that have had a new or additional resident positive case in the past 14 days or a staff case in the past 10 days following their test or onset of symptoms. If 14 days goes by without a new case, the facility is taken off the list.
Arkansas provides facility-level cumulative and outbreak data for staff cases, resident cases, staff deaths, and resident deaths. From May 15, 2020 - August 31, 2020, Arkansas provided cumulative and outbreak data directly to CTP via an emailed spreadsheet because data was not publicly available on the state website. On August 31, Arkansas began publishing a facility-level spreadsheet for facilities with cumulative totals for facilities with current outbreaks, including staff cases, resident cases, staff deaths and resident deaths.
Staff cases and facility numbers are carried over from June 4 to June 8, June 11 to June 15, and June 18 to June 22.
- August 21, 2020: Arkansas began reporting deaths associated with nursing homes and assisted living facilities every Friday via an emailed spreadsheet. The state also started reporting active staff and resident cases in the past 28 days at facilities with current outbreaks.
- August 27, 2020: Cumulative death total is from Friday, August 21, 2020. Arkansas Health Department provided CTP with total number of cumulative facilities (224) with cases.
- September 17, 2020: Arkansas did not include cumulative cases or deaths for staff or residents on the state reports this week. Data for Outbreak Cases and Deaths are from September 11, 2020.
- September 24, 2020: Cumulative resident and staff deaths are from September 21, 2020 and were sent via email from the Arkansas Department of Health.
- October 1, 2020: Cumulative resident positives, resident deaths, staff positives, staff deaths and number of facilities with a case were reported to CTP by the Arkansas Department of Health.
- December 3, 2020: No update from Arkansas Department of Health. Data carried over from November 26, 2020.
- February 25, 2021: Arkansas cumulative resident deaths dropped from 2027 to 1970 due to a data cleanup involving a significant error on deaths at Cottage Lane Health and Rehab.
The state provides facility-level cumulative data. The state provides facility-level outbreak data. Cumulative facility-level data was first reported by the state on 2020-05-21. Outbreak facility-level data was first reported by the state on 2020-08-20.
Because each state reports facility-level data differently, CTP has produced a number of scripts to make the dataset as standardized and comprehensive as possible. This state uses the following scripts: close_outbreaks, post_processing, standardize_data. More information on each of these scripts can be found in our Airtable Facility Script Annotations. (https://airtable.com/shr99Ep06cplrcVg6)