Racial Data Dashboard Colorado
Some issues exist for race and ethnicity data
Race/ethnicity data available for:
77% Cases94% Deaths0% Tests0% Hospitalizations
Last checked by CTP: 3/7/21
Notes About the Data
- Our calculations assume Hispanic or Latino ethnicity may include any race. Race categories are mutually exclusive and defined as Not Hispanic or Latino.
- Deaths per 100K are based on fewer than 10 deaths among members of the following races/ethnicities. Interpret with caution: Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
- Population sizes are taken from the Census Bureau’s 2019 ACS 5-Year estimates Table B03002.
Cumulative Per Capita Data
In Colorado, through March 7, 2021:
- Native Hawaiians / Pacific Islanders were most likely to have contracted COVID-19
- American Indians / Alaska Natives were most likely to have died from COVID-19
Cases per 100,000 peopleDeaths per 100,000 peopleNative Hawaiian / Pacific Islander
Hispanic / Latino
American Indian / Alaska Native
Black / African American
Graphic only includes demographic groups reported by the state. Race categories are mutually exclusive and defined as not Hispanic or Latino.
* Based on fewer than 10 deaths among members of this race/ethnicity. Interpret with caution.
Cases and deaths by race/ethnicity
|Black or African American alone||4%||4%||3%||Colorado did not report race/ethnicity data for tests through March 7, 2021.||Colorado did not report race/ethnicity data for hospitalizations through March 7, 2021.|
|Hispanic or Latino *||22%||36%||21%|
|Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander alone||<1%||<1%||<1%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native alone||<1%||<1%||<1%|
|Two or more races||2%||2%||3%|
|Some other race alone||<1%||<1%||<1%|
Notes for Colorado
- Racial/ethnic disparity likely. See why
How we calculate likely racial/ethnic disparity
We flag a group’s case or death proportion as suggestive of racial/ethnic disparity when it meets three criteria:
- Is at least 33% higher than the Census Percentage of Population.
- Remains elevated whether we include or exclude cases/deaths with unknown race/ethnicity.
- Is based on at least 30 actual cases or deaths.
- * Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, any race. All other race categories in this table are defined as Not Hispanic or Latino.
View All Historical Data
Data as of March 7, 2021 | Data last collected by CTP March 7, 2021
Colorado does not report race/ethnicity data for tests or hospitalizations.