Some issues exist with this state's data
Do you have information about a long-term-care facility in this state? We would love to hear from you.
Do you have information about a facility on this list? We would love to hear from you.
|Facility type||Resident cases||Resident deaths||Staff cases||Staff deaths||Staff & Resident cases||Staff & Resident deaths||Facilities impacted|
|Lumped or other facilities‘Lumped or other facilities’ shows data from states that have not broken down their data by facility type, so it might include data from nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. It also includes some congregate living facilities for older adults that are neither nursing homes nor assisted-living facilities. For each state’s lumped/other definition, please see the state’s specific notes.||2,434||700||865||1||3,299||701||53|
Delaware reports long-term-care COVID-19 data for Nursing Homes, Assisted-Living Facilities and Rest Residential Facilities. This data is reported through a combination of the state COVID-19 dashboard and in press releases. CTP puts long-term care data into the Lumped or Other category in our dataset. Delaware reports cumulative data and reported outbreak data from November 13, 2020 - February 12, 2021. Delaware provides facility level data. Delaware reports resident cases and resident deaths on the state COVID-19 dashboard. Staff cases and deaths are only reported sporadically in press releases. Data is cumulative since the first case of COVID-19 was reported in Delaware on March 11, 2020.
Delaware provides cumulative totals for resident cases and resident deaths. Staff cases and staff deaths are the highest outbreak totals since the state does not report cumulative staff cases and cumulative staff deaths. Facility total is cumulative facilities that have had a death.
Delaware provided outbreak data for resident cases and staff cases from November 13, 2020 - February 12, 2021. This only includes resident cases and staff cases for facilities that had a cumulative total of more than 10 cases among residents and more than 10 cases among staff since the beginning of the outbreak monitoring period, Sept. 25, 2020. As facility outbreak investigations close, they were removed from the list.
Delaware provides facility-level data for resident deaths as facilities with 2 or more deaths. Facilities with 1 resident death are not named. From November 13, 2020 - February 12, 2021, Delaware reported facility-level resident cases and staff cases for facilities that had a cumulative total of more than 10 cases among residents and more than 10 cases among staff since the beginning of the outbreak monitoring period, Sept. 25, 2020. As facility outbreak investigations close, they were removed from the list.
- June 5, 2020: DHSS announced they were removing psychiatric care facilities from the long-term care facility totals because they were considered acute care facilities.
- July 10, 2020: Delaware Health and Social Services announced they were unable to provide an update on the total number of cases due to transitioning to a new data system. Due to this, data for July 16 is carried over from July 9.
- July 23, 2020: This was the first day CTP began recording LTC information from the Delaware dashboard instead of press releases due to a change in DE’s reporting. CTP carried over staff cases and deaths until the most recent data collection.
- September 3, 2020: Cumulative resident cases dropped from 1223 to 1214. Staff cases were not reported.
- November 19, 2020: DE added facility-level data for outbreaks for staff and resident cases in the Friday press releases.
- December 10, 2020: Delaware has not updated outbreak and cumulative facility data. Data is carried over from December 3, 2020.
- January 28, 2020: Delaware reported 866 staff cases in facilities with outbreaks. CTP moved this cases total to staff cumulative cases because it's higher than the 461 staff cumulative cases Delaware reported on July 2, 2020. This is likely an undercount.
- February 11, 2021: Staff positives decreased by 14.
- February 18, 2021: In a press release on February 12, 2021, DE announced their discontinuation of outbreak reporting, stating: "The Division of Public Health is discontinuing its reporting of significant COVID-19 outbreaks in long-term care facilities throughout the state as the outbreaks identified and monitored since September 2020 are largely under control at this time. While DPH will continue to actively monitor for clusters in long-term facilities, presenting cumulative case totals no longer provides a valuable, or accurate, representation of the active cases occurring at each facility at this particular point in time." Outbreak reporting was removed.
- February 25, 2021: Data for cumulative long term care facilities is carried over from February 18, 2021.
- March 4, 2021: Cumulative facilities dropped by two.
The state provides facility-level cumulative data. The state provides facility-level outbreak data. Cumulative facility-level data was first reported by the state on 2020-07-30. Outbreak facility-level data was first reported by the state on 2020-10-01.
Because each state reports facility-level data differently, CTP has produced a number of scripts to make the dataset as standardized and comprehensive as possible. This state uses the following scripts: post_processing, standardize_data, collapse_facility_rows_no_adding. More information on each of these scripts can be found in our Airtable Facility Script Annotations. (https://airtable.com/shr99Ep06cplrcVg6)