Racial Data Dashboard Florida
Serious issues exist for race and ethnicity data
Race/ethnicity data available for:
85% Cases96% Deaths0% Tests96% Hospitalizations
Last checked by CTP: 3/7/21
Notes About the Data
- Our calculations assume Hispanic or Latino ethnicity may include any race. Race categories are mutually exclusive and defined as Not Hispanic or Latino.
- One or more standard race categories are combined with Other Race by the state. Categories not otherwise specified in our data are included under the "Other Race" category.
- Population sizes are taken from the Census Bureau’s 2019 ACS 5-Year estimates Table B03002.
Cumulative Per Capita Data
In Florida, through March 7, 2021:
- Hispanic / Latino people were most likely to have contracted COVID-19
- Black / African American people were most likely to have been hospitalized with COVID-19
- White people were most likely to have died from COVID-19
Cases per 100,000 peopleHosp. per 100,000 peopleDeaths per 100,000 peopleHispanic / Latino
Black / African American
Graphic only includes demographic groups reported by the state. Race categories are mutually exclusive and defined as not Hispanic or Latino.
Cases and deaths by race/ethnicity
|Black or African American alone||15%||14%||16%||Florida did not report race/ethnicity data for tests through March 7, 2021.||20%|
|Hispanic or Latino *||26%||37%||24%||26%|
|Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander alone||<1%||0%||0%||0%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native alone||<1%||0%||0%||0%|
|Two or more races||2%||0%||0%||0%|
|Some other race alone||<1%||9%||5%||5%|
Notes for Florida
- Racial/ethnic disparity likely. See why
How we calculate likely racial/ethnic disparity
We flag a group’s case or death proportion as suggestive of racial/ethnic disparity when it meets three criteria:
- Is at least 33% higher than the Census Percentage of Population.
- Remains elevated whether we include or exclude cases/deaths with unknown race/ethnicity.
- Is based on at least 30 actual cases or deaths.
- * Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, any race. All other race categories in this table are defined as Not Hispanic or Latino.
- This data should not be compared with percentage of the the population.
View All Historical Data
Data as of March 6, 2021 | Data last collected by CTP March 7, 2021
Florida does not report race/ethnicity data for tests.
Cases per 100k people
Cases per 100k people
- Racial data state dashboard
- All data for Florida
- Vaccine data for Florida: