Some issues exist with this state's data
Do you have information about a long-term-care facility in this state? We would love to hear from you.
Do you have information about a facility on this list? We would love to hear from you.
|Facility type||Resident cases||Resident deaths||Staff cases||Staff deaths||Staff & Resident cases||Staff & Resident deaths||Facilities impacted|
|Lumped or other facilities‘Lumped or other facilities’ shows data from states that have not broken down their data by facility type, so it might include data from nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. It also includes some congregate living facilities for older adults that are neither nursing homes nor assisted-living facilities. For each state’s lumped/other definition, please see the state’s specific notes.||24,345||6,030||15,840||22||40,185||6,052||746|
Indiana reports long-term care COVID-19 data for Skilled Nursing Facilities, Nursing Homes, Residential Facilities and Assisted Living Facilities. They are reported in two separate locations on Indiana’s website. CTP puts Skilled Nursing Facilities, Nursing Homes, Residential Facilities and Assisted Living Facilities combined in Lumped or Other category in our dataset. Indiana reports cumulative but not outbreak data. Indiana does provide facility-level data. Indiana reports staff and resident cases and staff and resident deaths as separately. Data is cumulative since March 1, 2020. Indiana provides cumulative totals for resident and staff cases and resident and staff deaths and number of facilities with a case. Indiana does not report outbreak data. Indiana provides facility-level data. All cases and deaths reported are verified by Indiana State Department of Health through positive COVID-19 diagnostic lab results.
- July 23, 2020: Indiana started reporting cumulative data for resident cases and deaths, and staff cases and deaths by facility name. Before July 23, 2020, Indiana only reported the number of facilities, resident cases, and resident deaths.
- August 13, 2020: Indiana stopped reporting Staff Deaths. Cumulative data decreased from August 6, 2020.
- February 4, 2021: CTP began collecting Indiana's cumulative staff and resident cases and deaths from their dashboard.
- February 11, 2021: Case data on Indiana's dashboard listed case data as of February 4, 2021 and death data as of February 9, 2020. Facility-level data was updated February 11, 2021. Death data on the dashboard was used for death totals and case data in the facility sheet was used for case totals.
- February 18, 2021: IN added a note to the long-term care dashboard explaining the death increase in the data that read: today's long-term care dashboard includes 659 historical resident deaths and 1 historical staff death that were previously included in the state's overall death totals but not assigned to a long-term care facility." State source for staff and resident cases and deaths can be found on Indiana’s COVID-19 dashboard. State source for number of facilities with a case can be found on Indiana Department of Health’s data portal.
The state provides facility-level cumulative data. The state does not provide facility-level outbreak data. Cumulative facility-level data was first reported by the state on 2020-07-23.
Because each state reports facility-level data differently, CTP has produced a number of scripts to make the dataset as standardized and comprehensive as possible. This state uses the following scripts: post_processing, standardize_data. More information on each of these scripts can be found in our Airtable Facility Script Annotations. (https://airtable.com/shr99Ep06cplrcVg6)