Some issues exist for race and ethnicity data
Race data available for:
64% Cases98% Deaths0% Tests0% Hospitalizations
Ethnicity data available for:
62% Cases100% Deaths0% Tests0% Hospitalizations
Last checked by CTP: 3/7/21
Notes About the Data
- Our calculations assume Hispanic or Latino ethnicity may include any race. Race categories are mutually exclusive and include both Hispanic/Latino and non-Hispanic/Latino ethnicity.
- One or more standard race categories are combined with Other Race by the state. Categories not otherwise specified in our data are included under the "Other Race" category.
- Population sizes are taken from the Census Bureau’s 2019 ACS 5-Year estimates Table B02001 for race and B03002 for ethnicity.
Cumulative Per Capita Data
In Iowa, through March 7, 2021:
- Native Hawaiians / Pacific Islanders were most likely to have contracted COVID-19
- Native Hawaiians / Pacific Islanders were most likely to have died from COVID-19
Cases per 100,000 peopleDeaths per 100,000 peopleNative Hawaiian / Pacific Islander
Hispanic / Latino
73Black / African American
115American Indian / Alaska Native
Graphic only includes demographic groups reported by the state. Race categories are mutually exclusive and include both Hispanic/Latino and non-Hispanic/Latino ethnicity.
Cases and deaths by race
|Black or African American alone||4%||5%||2%||Iowa did not report race data for tests through March 7, 2021.||Iowa did not report race data for hospitalizations through March 7, 2021.|
|Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander alone||<1%||<1%||<1%|
|American Indian or Alaska Native alone||<1%||<1%||<1%|
|Two or more races||1%||0%||0%|
|Some other race alone||2%||1%||<1%|
Notes on race for Iowa
- This data should not be compared with percentage of the the population.
Cases and deaths by ethnicity
|Hispanic or Latino||6%||10%||2%||Iowa did not report ethnicity data for tests through March 7, 2021.||Iowa did not report ethnicity data for hospitalizations through March 7, 2021.|
|Not Hispanic or Latino||94%||90%||98%|
View All Historical Data
Data as of March 7, 2021 | Data last collected by CTP March 7, 2021
Iowa does not report race/ethnicity data for tests or hospitalizations.
Cases per 100k people
Cases per 100k people
- Racial data state dashboard
- All data for Iowa
- Vaccine data for Iowa: