Some issues exist with this state's data
Do you have information about a long-term-care facility in this state? We would love to hear from you.
Do you have information about a facility on this list? We would love to hear from you.
|Facility type||Resident cases||Resident deaths||Staff cases||Staff deaths||Staff & Resident cases||Staff & Resident deaths||Facilities impacted|
|Nursing home‘Lumped or other facilities’ shows data from states that have not broken down their data by facility type, so it might include data from nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. It also includes some congregate living facilities for older adults that are neither nursing homes nor assisted-living facilities. For each state’s lumped/other definition, please see the state’s specific notes.||15,635||2,760||10,979||N/A||26,614||2,760||269|
|Lumped or other facilities‘Lumped or other facilities’ shows data from states that have not broken down their data by facility type, so it might include data from nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. It also includes some congregate living facilities for older adults that are neither nursing homes nor assisted-living facilities. For each state’s lumped/other definition, please see the state’s specific notes.||1,896||224||N/A||N/A||1,896||224||208|
Louisiana reports long-term care COVID-19 data for Nursing Homes and Adult Residential Facilities. Adult Residential Facilities includes Board and Care Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities, Personal Care Homes, Shelter Care Homes, and Foster Homes. COVID Tracking Project puts Nursing Home data in the Nursing Home category and Adult Residential Facilities data in the Lumped or Other category in our dataset. Louisiana reports cumulative data. Louisiana does provide facility-level data. Louisiana reports staff and resident cases and staff and resident deaths separately.
Louisiana reports cumulative data for resident and staff cases and resident and staff deaths.
Louisiana does not provide outbreak data.
Louisiana reports facility-level data.
- August 13, 2020: Louisiana reported that deaths in their other category decreased by one because a facility had been incorrectly reporting nursing home deaths in that category. This facility removed 10 deaths from their nursing home count, however, 9 new deaths were reported by other facilities.
- September 3, 2020: Nursing homes resident cases decreased by 103. Nursing home staff cases decreased by 50. Nursing Home facility count decreased by 13.
- October 1, 2020: Nursing Home staff positives in cumulative went down 8. Facilities with cases in cumulative went down 1.
- October 8, 2020: Cumulative number of facilities in Nursing Homes dropped from 277 to 265.
- October 15, 2020: Louisiana reports facility data as cumulative, but many facilities display the word "Closed" instead of data on the facility sheet. As a result, the weekly total dropped. CTP carried over the previous week's total to more accurately reflect the cumulative total of those impacted.
- October 29, 2020: Cumulative Nursing Home facility totals went down by 7.
- November 19, 2020: Number of Nursing Home facilities with a COVID-19 case or death decreased by 1.
- November 26th, 2020: Number of Nursing Home facilities with a COVID-19 case or death decreased by 2.
- December 3, 2020: Cumulative nursing home resident deaths dropped by 21, from 2228 to 2207.
- February 11, 2021: Other resident cases decreased by 6
- February 18, 2021: Cumulative nursing homes resident cases decreased by 212, resident deaths by 46, and staff positives by 82. This is largely due to multiple facilities "Not Reported".
- March 4, 2021: Nursing home resident deaths decreased by 5.
The state provides facility-level cumulative data. The state does not provide facility-level outbreak data. Cumulative facility-level data was first reported by the state on 2020-06-04.
Because each state reports facility-level data differently, CTP has produced a number of scripts to make the dataset as standardized and comprehensive as possible. This state uses the following scripts: post_processing, standardize_data, replace_no_data. More information on each of these scripts can be found in our Airtable Facility Script Annotations. (https://airtable.com/shr99Ep06cplrcVg6)