Serious issues exist with this state's data
Do you have information about a long-term-care facility in this state? We would love to hear from you.
Do you have information about a facility on this list? We would love to hear from you.
|Facility type||Resident cases||Resident deaths||Staff cases||Staff deaths||Staff & Resident cases||Staff & Resident deaths||Facilities impacted|
|Lumped or other facilities‘Lumped or other facilities’ shows data from states that have not broken down their data by facility type, so it might include data from nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. It also includes some congregate living facilities for older adults that are neither nursing homes nor assisted-living facilities. For each state’s lumped/other definition, please see the state’s specific notes.||2,571||372||1,686||N/A||4,257||372||109|
Maine does not report long-term-care COVID-19 data publicly, except sporadically in press conferences. CTP gets this data directly from the state health department via email. In this email, Maine reports long-term care data for Nursing Homes, Assisted Living Facilities, Adult Care Homes, Residential Care Homes, and Veterans Homes. COVID Tracking Projects puts all long-term-care data into the Lumped or Other category in our dataset. Maine reports cumulative data, outbreak data and facility-level data for staff cases, resident cases and resident deaths. Maine defines an outbreak as a facility with three or more cases. An outbreak is preliminarily closed 14 days after the last symptom onset or positive test (whichever is later) and the outbreak is officially closed 28 days after.
- July 15, 2020: Maine began providing CTP with a facility-level report of open and closed outbreaks, which is responsible for a spike in data on July 16th.
- October 1, 2020: Maine did not provide CTP with a facility-level sheet. Data was carried from the previous week.
- November 19, 2020: Maine did not provide CTP with a long-term care facility sheet. Data was carried over from November 12, 2020.
- January 14, 2021: Maine did not provide CTP with a long-term care facility sheet. Data was carried over from January 7, 2021.
- February 18, 2021: Maine did not provide CTP with a long-term care facility sheet. Data was carried over from February 11, 2021.
The state provides facility-level cumulative data. The state provides facility-level outbreak data. Cumulative facility-level data was first reported by the state on 2020-07-16. Outbreak facility-level data was first reported by the state on 2020-07-16.
Because each state reports facility-level data differently, CTP has produced a number of scripts to make the dataset as standardized and comprehensive as possible. This state uses the following scripts: post_processing, standardize_data, collapse_outbreak_rows. More information on each of these scripts can be found in our Airtable Facility Script Annotations. (https://airtable.com/shr99Ep06cplrcVg6)