Northern Mariana Islands Overview
- Data sources and screenshots for Northern Mariana Islands
- Download a CSV of all data for Northern Mariana Islands
- Last updated March 8, 2021 12:00 am ET
Data Reporting Assessment (Learn more about data quality assessments)
- Serious issues exist for state-level metrics
- Serious issues exist for race and ethnicity data
- Serious issues exist for long-term-care data
When Northern Mariana Islands reports no data, several days of data, or unusual data (such as decreases in values that should increase), our volunteers note it here on the date the anomaly occurred. We also note here changes in our own methodology that affect the data.
The Northern Mariana Islands have not posted a new Recovered number since July 15, 2020.
Negative test results reported in our API and CSVs are calculated by subtracting Confirmed cases from Total PCR tests (people).
The Northern Mariana Islands Total PCR tests (specimens) values decrease occasionally without explanation. We suspect this is due to some sort of data quality assurance or de-deduplication.
The Northern Mariana Islands provides irregular data updates, so changes in values often represent multiple days of data.
On July 23, 2020, we switched our Total tests units to the people-tested metric reported by the Northern Mariana Islands, which led to a drop in total tests. We will backfill total tests data for the territory as soon as we are able to do so.