Software and Credits
What We're Made Of
The COVID Tracking Project is based on a group developer effort, with code hosted on GitHub including but not limited to these repositories:
- Developed by Zach Lipton, Josh Ellington, and Ken Riley.
- Detects changes to health department pages using (our fork of) URL Watch and reports them to a Slack channel to notify us for further analysis.
- Developed by Zach Lipton and Josh Ellington.
- Fork of original urlwatch repo, which includes headless browser mode and custom reporting functions specific to our project.
- Developed by Kai Curry.
- Cloudflare Worker that exposes our data as JSON or CSV over HTTP.
- Developed by Mat Marquis, Lucas Gonze, and Ethan Marcotte with boosts from Kai Curry.
- Our public website
- Developed by Joshua Ellinger and in small part by Julia Kodysh.
- HTML scanner/extraction pipeline that processes state data sites and saves the data to the repo. Additionally, backs up screenshot images of state data sites to Amazon S3 for later reference.
- Developed by Joshua Ellinger.
- A flask website that provides several services in support of the HTML scanner/extraction pipeline for state data: caching, another view on parts of the public Google spreadsheet, ability to view historical HTML data.
- Developed by Julia Kodysh.
- GitHub backup for versioning the contents of our public Google spreadsheet data in CSV format.
- Developed by Danny Yang.
- Uses Ruby to crawl state websites and publish data to http://coronavirusapi.com/
- Owner: Eric Czech